Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day Visit

I had the opportunity to play with Zoe and her brother, Dayton, over the Memorial Day weekend. Zoe just got out of the hospital again not too long ago. They still don't have a definitive diagnosis for her. From what I understand she is now a part of a special study because she could have a combination disorder (she has been showing symptoms of both short and long chain fatty oxidation disorder). Like I said, that's from what I understand. I don't have great detail for you (sorry!).

Playing with Zoe this weekend you would never guess she was sick. She played with my 5-month old son (see photo), rough housed with her brother, took about a 1/2-mile trek on my parents' land, played out in the yard.... She was so happy and so full of life. It was wonderful to see that she can live a perfectly happy, "normal" life when she is well. What a beautiful, wonderful little girl....

I'll post more technical information about her condition when I get more updates.

No comments: